Apply Here: https://inl.taleo.net/careersection/inl_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=15674&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FDenver
The Human Resources and Diversity (HR&D) team at Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is actively searching for our next Chief Operating Officer (COO)!
Are you skilled in providing leadership, management, direction, and development? If so, come work along side our HR&D Director in providing vision, leadership, and direction to INL directorate operations and business functions.
- Ensuring efficient and effective development, and coordination of services both internally and externally with customers.
- Assuring human resources standard methodologies across the laboratory either through self-initiated projects or in support of projects initiated by the core HR areas.
- Serving as the HR&D lead in operational excellence; establishing effective policies, strategies, objectives, standards, and tactics built upon the foundation of INL Values.
- Presenting key messages, listening well, and working with HR&D teams to identify and implement changes and performance improvements. This role is one of coordination, teamwork, and integration.
- Handling staff development for HR&D staff and succession planning for critical positions.
- Leading HR&D cross cutting projects that impact both the HR&D organization and those that have Laboratory-wide impact, especially related to changes in workplace transformation, establishment, and the delivering of new or revised policies, lab planning activities, etc.
- Contributing to strategic planning, formulation and execution of HR plans, including both DOE reporting and internal management documents. This includes preparing data, conducting analysis and presenting as needed.
- Serving as a member of the HR leadership management team responsible for developing HR strategies and initiatives and integrating those HR initiatives with the lab-wide activities, initiatives, and goals.
- Leading the Laboratory’s Relocation Program and staff while maintaining compliance with the FAR and FTR.
- Planning and executing Workforce Restructuring actions, including coordination with the Department of Energy (DOE).
- Bachelor's Degree & 12 years’ experience, OR Master's Degree & 10 years’ experience, in Human Resources or related field.
- Experience leading high performing teams/organization, providing effective oversight and guidance of operational, people management, and administrative matters.
- Experience hiring, developing, mentoring, and coaching staff for high performance.
- Experience working with the (DOE) including coordinating human capital programs, overseeing compliance management, general operational processes, and federal reporting.
- Experience assessing and implementing new concepts for continuous improvement and process redesign.
- Experience influencing both internal and external key stakeholders and decision-makers with supporting data and metrics.
- Experience facilitating decision making requiring coordinated input from a broad set of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with diverse populations and at all levels.
- Experience with Human Capital Management Systems and budget planning and reporting.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy’s mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation’s nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world’s energy future and secure our nation’s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/.%20.