Job Link: https://inl.taleo.net/careersection/inl_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=16151&tz=GMT-06%3A00&tzname=America%2FDenver
Make history with us as we retain, develop and support the industry's best, brightest and diverse talent on earth! Sounds pretty good right?!
We're looking for a Senior Organizational Development (OD) Consultant to join our team here at Idaho National Laboratory (INL). It is an exciting time to provide world class strategic leadership/management and organizational development tools to INL!
- Assists in the development and application of leadership/management and organization development, decision making and facilitation tools and techniques in support of a wide variety of strategic priorities.
- Provide organizational assessments to determine dynamics, issues and needs of the enterprise or any of its sub-elements; applying and developing concepts and techniques; determining specific program and customers' needs and expectations through assessments, surveys, and various other interactions, including interviews, facilitation of group meetings and discussions; designing, developing and implementing interventions using an appropriate graded approach and process to meet program and customers' needs; consulting with management on organizational design; documenting the results of meetings and workshops including attendees, decisions, process, actions, and supporting information; and assisting the enterprise and customer in developing and analyzing alternatives, resources and technologies to ensure requirements can be efficiently and sustainably met. Help INL become a more effective learning organization through application of multiple approaches.
- Provide coaching to managers and staff at all levels; and must adroitly work with and advise senior enterprise management and leaders. Must be able to communicate well both verbally and written.
- Routinely serve as a team leader as well as a contributing team member by coordinating and managing the activities of project teams or other staff.
- Serves as a spokesman for the Learning and Organization Development organization and Human Resources and Diversity organization on major matters pertaining to policies, plans, objectives, issues/barriers and represents the organization on projects/programs and interacts with senior personnel on significant matters requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Provides technical direction and supervision to junior staff and enhances technical and professional skills of junior staff through mentoring and training. Proactively identifies, promotes and develops plans and new project opportunities. Integrates across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 12 years relevant experience or an MS and 8 years relevant experience or PhD and 6 years.
- Preference for this position is an advanced degree and relevant experience in research and development organizations, applying organization development, and facilitation approaches/methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of leadership/management and organization development and facilitation tools and techniques such as organizational diagnosis, development methods, change management, intervention approaches, surveys, interviewing techniques, building psychological safety, designing and deploying processes that foster team and “tribal” learning, team building, and process improvement.
- Experience in facilitating or leading multidisciplinary, integrated teams is important.
- Must be able to interface effectively with management and technical personnel at all levels, as well as any DOE or other customers.
- Security clearance is preferred.
- Professional license or certification is desired.
- Salary Grade: 230/250
- Note: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of relevant experience and skills
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy’s mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation’s nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world’s energy future and secure our nation’s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/.%20.