The Human Resource Manager will support the Farm Managers and employees across the entire organization. With a large immigrant workforce, this position is the advocate for the employees to insure a successful and prosperous working environment.
- Manage all aspect of hiring by recruiting, interviewing and selection of the candidates for fulltime, part time, and seasonal.
- Conduct onboarding of newly hired employees, including but not limited to new hire orientation, new hire paperwork, etc.
- Conduct offboarding and exit interviews.
- - Review and submit payroll to accounting for processing
- - Daily translation for personnel
- Manage employee investigations and disciplinary measures including terminations.
- Explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees.
- - Review, update, and communicate policies as needed, and holding accountability
- - Assist employees with any personal matters
- o Citizenship, bills, insurance, etc.
Manage and Oversee Government Programs:
- - Work with Managers to complete and ensure compliance on:
- o OSHA Reports
- o H2A Contracts
- o Harmonized Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Audit
- - Conduct and Manage Safety meetings
- - Manage workman’s comp policies and cases
- o Accompany injured worker to appointments as needed
- - Manage Farm security through interactions with officials as needed and oversee security system.
- Maintain and retain human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records.
- - Maintain vehicle data base insuring accuracy on equipment, insurance, registration, etc.
- - Monitor office supplies and replenish as needed
- - Manage open enrollment
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- - Other projects, etc., as needed
- - Bi-lingual, Spanish/English
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience required
- - Understanding of basic HR laws and requirements
- - Prior agriculture and H2A experience preferred
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- - High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- - Detailed orientated and excellent record keeping skills
Please contact Matt Jacobsen for more Info:
408-623-5160 or email@example.com