As a key member of the executive leadership team, the HR Director is the steward for the company ensuring a best-in-class employee experience aligned with the mission and values of the company. You understand that culture and performance are paramount. You bring professional insight and experience to support the entire leadership of the company to serve that end.
You will own the comprehensive employee lifecycle, professional development, leadership development, benefit management and training programs ensuring support and compliance across all company locations.
Reporting directly to the Integrator, you will support the strategic initiatives and provide insight into leveraging the talent of the organization to protect and enhance the culture of the company.
This is an exempt position with occasional over-night travel required. Your impact will be felt by mentoring and coaching the department and store level leadership in this role.
You will be responsible for developing key performance metrics relating to each location as well as the company. You must be adept at positive conflict and leading change from within.
HR DIRECTOR job duties and responsibilities
1. Act as the steward or champion of the culture for the company, supporting the executive team and store leadership teams.
2. Be the primary point of contact for all employees as it relates to policies, trainings, performance management and concerns.
3. Develop and guide best practices, aligned with the Mission and Values supporting the entire Employee Lifecycle, including;
e. Payroll and Time Keeping
f. Performance Management
g. Career Path Development
h. Leadership Development
4. Ensure employee safety and wellbeing is a top priority through championing awareness and being accountable for requisite safety trainings and documentation.
5. Establish and manage best-in-class benefits consistent with the budgets available.
6. Be accountable to ensure best practices are used company wide as it relates to internal communication.
7. Be willing and able to accept special project requests from leadership team. Such requests generally involve research, compiling data and making presentations/recommendations to the leadership team.
HR DIRECTOR skills and qualifications
The HR DIRECTOR uses strong leadership and interpersonal skills to direct an organization’s human resources department. In addition to these skills, a successful HR DIRECTOR should have the following skills and qualifications to manage their duties effectively:
· Effective and clear verbal and written communication skills
· Strong leadership and managerial skills to oversee the HR department and work with all employees within the company
· Project and time management skills
· Organizational skills
· Proven expertise solving problems
· Budget management skills
· Knowledge of computers to perform necessary tasks with common office and HR programs
HR DIRECTOR education and training requirements
The minimum education requirement for is a bachelor’s degree. Relevant fields of study include human resources or business management. Additional HR-related certifications can from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) a plus.
For more information or to apply, contact: Royce.Pickett@bbsi.com