Join our team of professionals in a progressive environment! The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare is currently seeking an HR professional with a strong human resources background. Critical thinking skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships are a must. This position requires a flexible, creative, solution-focused, customer-service driven, and energetic business professional.
This announcement will be used to fill the current vacancy in Pocatello only. If you have previously applied for Human Resource Specialist, Senior and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.Example of Duties
- Acts as a business partner to leadership and provides advice and counsel regarding employee relations issues, civil rights, recruitment, and performance management;
- Provides consultation to employees regarding human resources issues;
- Investigates HR issues and provides consultation and recommendations in concert with legal counsel and other HR professionals;
- Develops and conducts training in human resource and staff development areas;
- Provides consultation on employment laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Good knowledge of human resource administration.
- Good knowledge of equal employment opportunity/affirmative action concepts and legal requirements.
- Experience interpreting, applying, and explaining laws or rules.
- Experience researching and preparing reports and recommendations.
- Experience conducting in-depth interviews.
Additional Qualifications: Are not required; however, having the minimum qualifications and the education and/or experience below will increase your score.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in HR Administration or closely related field; OR Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification.
- Experience providing consultation to staff, supervisors, or management covering such issues as: position classification, compensation, benefits, recruitment, and other general HR areas. Typically gained by at least one year of related work experience.