The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Senior HR Administrator position available supporting our facilities in Pocatello, ID and Afton, WY.
Responsible for the day-to-day administration of policies and programs covering several or all of the following HR programs: recruiting, salary, administration benefits administration, training, employee and labor relation, safety and personnel research. Provides input in the development of policies and procedures. (These are entry level, professional, exempt positions.) Individuals in these positions receive support and direction from Group and Corporate HR functions.
- Counsels managers and supervisors on discipline and termination procedures. May recruit and manage selection process for both hourly and salaried positions. May also conduct exit interviews and advise management of key issues.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with EEO regulations, including development of Affirmative Action Plan, Utilization Analyses and any required reporting and Vet-100. Involved in preparation of annual Affirmative Action plan, Utilization, and Progress reports. Oversees employee record maintenance, including increases, new hires, terminations, and all other job changes.
- Consults with management and employees with respect to personnel policies, practices and procedures, in accordance with labor agreements and/or local work rules when appropriate. Consults and assists in problem resolution related to human resource issues. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Counsels employees regarding employment, education, and HR issues. Responsible for disability management programs. Oversees administration of employee Transitional Return to Work, FMLA and STD programs. May provide new hire and/or benefit orientation for all eligible employees. Escalates issues to HR Manager, HR Business Partner, or to corporate functional teams when appropriate.
- Oversees company programs such as Service Awards, United Way events, and other employee functions. Manages donation/public relations budget. Supports community relations and participates in local community functions and activities to enhance the company image in local area.
- Travel commitment of up to 50%
- Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college or university
- Two plus years related experience and/or training.
Disclaimer - These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit www.simplot.com/careers
- Select Job Search
- Select Current Opportunities
- Select All Open Positions
- Apply to Job ID# 8417
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact the JRS Talent and Culture department for assistance at email@example.com.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**