Looking for a career with a well-established company with a long-standing reputation for excellence? Advantage Employer Solutions (AES) mission is to provide human resource services to businesses that need assistance in maintaining compliance with all government rules and regulations that are required of employers. We are looking for an HR Specialist to join our team that shares the same standard of quality and excellence.
The Human Resources Specialist serves as a business partner with the management team and provides functional day to day human resources management and support to our clients. This position performs the following functions to include but not limited to: employee relations, creating, implementing, and maintaining personnel policies and procedures, performance management, compensation, regulatory compliance, leaves of absence administration, and recruitment.
Essential Job Function:
* Identify and execute additional value-added services for all new clients
* Management of clients’ expectations and relationships
* Manage several implementation projects at any given time
* Schedule new client on-boarding meetings, ongoing client visits
* Review completed new client packet before sending to payroll group
* All client Workers Compensation Injury Claim management
* Manage all client Department of Labor unemployment claims
* Manage all client Employee Relations needs (discipline up to and including terminations)
* Create client company handbooks and help create new company policies
* Manage all client employee I-9’s ensuring federal compliance and maintenance
* Perform drug testing duties as required (on and offsite; travel is required)
* Provide needed client company employee training on various issues as required
* Must be able to perform HR client company employee investigations and recommendations
* Must be able to run all client new hire criminal background checks and interpret the reports
* Other duties required but not listed
* Must have strong interpersonal skills and good written/oral communication skills to facilitate resolution of employee and miscellaneous data issues.
* Must have or quickly acquire depth and breadth of knowledge of Labor Relations and overall Company processes and resources.
* Needs solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and internally developed software/systems.
* Must be able to work independently, work in stressful and confrontational situations, handle sensitive issues, maintain confidentiality, and work comfortably with all levels of management
* Must have knowledge of I-9 compliance rules and instructions
* Must have HR investigative skills and experience
* Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 years of direct professional human resources work experience
* Fluent in Spanish is a plus but not required
Advantage Employer Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Highly competitive salary dependent on experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: