The successful candidate will explain and interpret benefit rules, policies, and procedures; manage all employee benefit paperwork and files; troubleshoot benefits and payroll problems related to employee fringe benefits offerings; counsel employees and supervisors in areas such as benefit options, eligibility and enrollment procedures and deadlines; orient new employees to policies, procedures and benefits programs; guide employees with insurance, retirement and disability claims and questions; represent the department for benefit related topics in meetings and benefit fairs.
Example of Duties
- Lead new employee onboarding process by conducting group and/or individual employee meetings with new hires as they complete their new employee benefits enrollment processes. Meetings may be in-person or hosted in a virtual environment.
- Advise prospective retirees on related exit procedures; provide overview and briefing to retirees on benefits extended to university retirees.
- Serve as the point of contact for university retirees with ongoing questions regarding their extended retiree benefits, including assisting beneficiaries in the filing of retiree life insurance claims.
- Prepare and/or review benefit enrollment and/or change forms affecting payroll and employee coverage for active employees.
- Lead the university’s annual open enrollment procedures in close coordination with the State of Idaho, Office of Group Insurance.
- Assist in the preparation of employee communications related to benefits.
- Advise active employees, job applicants, and hiring managers on overview of the university’s fringe benefits package.
- Monitor and follow-up to ensure timely completion of group insurance enrollment forms and coordinate processing and submission of forms closely with ISU Payroll, the State of Idaho, and related benefits vendors where applicable.
- Maintain current knowledge of group insurance policies, retirement plans, and other fringe benefit programs that are available to state employees.
- Maintain contact and positive working relationships with university benefit contacts including the Office of Group Insurance for the State of Idaho, Idaho State Board of Education, PERSI, TIAA, AIG, among other retirement and insurance vendors and providers.
- Prepare and maintain summary information of employee benefits for use and distribution with the campus community.
- Work with vendors to develop annual benefits fair for employees.
- Monitors Affordable Care Act eligibility for temporary staff and faculty.
- May supervise part time, student employees as needed for various projects and filing of benefits paperwork.
- Maintain and update Benefits webpage with online resources, tutorials, and promotion of upcoming benefits-related events/services.
Please note that you must include your resume as part of your application and all materials provided will be considered part of the application process.
Some knowledge of:
- Human resource management concepts
Good knowledge of:
- Administrative support functions including organization skills, composing business documents, compiling and summarizing data, and customer service
- Interpreting and applying employment laws, rules, regulations and policies
MQ Specialty Requirement:
- Making presentations before groups
- Knowledge in benefits programs and group insurances for employees
- Experience with computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages, and email.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to effectively interpret benefit options and regulations
- Good organizational skills
- Experience with Zoom/Google Meet
Direct link to application:
Human Resource Associate, Employee Benefits (1455)
Salary $16.00 Hourly
Location Pocatello, ID
Job Type Full Time
Department Idaho State University
Job Number 06880
Closing 11/15/2020 11:59 PM Mountain