Apply Here: https://inl.taleo.net/careersection/inl_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=15360&tz=GMT-07%3A00&tzname=America%2FDenver
As businesses work to meet an array of complex compliance requirements, the demand for compliance managers is rising.
We are looking for a Human Resources Compliance Officer to join our team here at Idaho National Laboratory (INL)! Compliance officers are responsible for ensuring the organization complies with all regulations — and avoids missteps that could result in hefty fines, legal ramifications, and reputation damage. Compliance officers also need to make sure that employees are following internal compliance policies.
This individual will work directly with our Human Resources & Diversity Department where we typically work a 9x80 schedule. Prior experience in Human Resources administration or as a Compliance Manager familiar with employment & labor law strongly preferred. This position can be located in Idaho Falls or remotely.
- Developing, implementing, and managing INL’s HR Compliance program
- Planning, implementing, and overseeing risk-related programs
- Creating and coordinating proper reporting channels for compliance issues
- Developing company employment and HR compliance communications
- Coordinating and scheduling required employment and HR compliance training for employees
- Oversee OFCCP audits and follow up as necessary
- Manage EEO reports, audits, wage analysis, and training
- Manage the exit interview process for all staff, including review of information and regular communication of trends
- Maintain Employment law postings to ensure compliance with all Federal and State regulations.
- Manage all in state and out of state telecommuter programs to ensure compliance with all State and Local laws
- Manage the Americans with Disabilities Act Specialist, who runs the ADA compliance and accommodation requests for the Lab.
- Oversee the Immigration Specialist, who manages the full-cycle process for all non-US citizens employed at INL.
- Manage the Employee Arbitration program, data security, notary public, employee handbook updates, policy and forms review, and records.
- Lead the staff augmentation/project hire/independent contractor process.
- Serve as a member of the HR leadership management team responsible for developing HR strategies and initiatives and integrating those talent acquisition initiatives with the lab-wide activities, initiatives and goals, such as the annual Lab Plan, Lab Agenda, Performance Evaluation & Measurement Plan (PEMP) deliverables and reporting for the HR Directorate.
Minimum Qualifications (education and experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Business Administration, Psychology, or Sociology or other related field and seven (7) years relevant experience OR a Master's degree with a minimum of five (5) years' experience OR fifteen (15) years related management/professional experience in lieu of degree.
- Direct Human Resources, employee relations, or employment and labor law experience
- A teammate that embraces inclusion and understands how to be a successful highly productive manager while still maintaining a strong work/life balance
- Certified Compliance Ethics Professional (CCEP)
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy’s mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation’s nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world’s energy future and secure our nation’s critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/.%20.