Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
At CCI, we understand what consumers want and need. When it comes to ammunition and components no one beats us at our game in the field and within our organization. At the same time, Speer’s reputation for making the world's finest component bullets and loaded ammunition carries to our employees too. As such, the Human Resources Manager will be part of the senior leadership team in Lewiston, Idaho and partner with the team to set strategy and direction.
The Human Resources Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, enforcing company policies and practices, and working with the other HR Centers of Excellence including Compensation, Benefits, and HR Operations. Initiative, ownership, responsible decision making, and leadership development are important in the successful execution of the roles and responsibilities of this key position.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE:
- Senior HR leader onsite
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the site’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning;
- Provides support and guidance to HR business partners and generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise;
- May be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants for hourly and management positions;
- Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings;
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, hourly performance management, terminations, and investigations and maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices;
- Reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance;
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Performs other duties as assigned
CAPABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn Workday.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years of experience in HR, particularly employee relations.
- Experience in a company with a matrix environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Organizational Design, Industrial Organization Psychology or related field. Advanced degree in one of these fields or an MBA is also a plus.
- PHR or SPHR certifications a plus
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Our Postings are not intended for distribution to or use in any jurisdiction, country or territory where such distribution or use would violate local law or would subject us to any regulations in another jurisdiction, country or territory. We reserve the right to limit our Postings in any jurisdiction, country or territory.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled