As an integral member of the HR team, the Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner acts as the Trusted Advisor to the departments they support to source and identify top talent, and to guide managers through hiring processes and decisions. The Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner will own specified strategies, programs, processes and policies and will work with the Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure alignment with the company goals, strategy, mission and vision.
- Engages with Department Leaders to understand their current and future talent needs and executes on proactive solutions to effectively recruit for those needs.
- Partners with hiring managers and advises on future recruitment strategies for technical positions, and senior leadership and higher openings across our multi-state organization to ensure requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
- Leads full life cycle recruiting efforts for all assigned departments.
- Develops, builds and maintains candidate relationships through ongoing communications, promoting interest in positions and the organization, to yield qualified candidates and pools for assigned positions and minimal turnaround times to fill vacancies.
- Recruits diverse pool of candidates using a variety of sources including job boards, referrals, social media, networks, resume databases, external agencies, etc.
- Proactive Recruitment – management of informational interview process and development of “Passive” candidate pipeline for current and future opportunities.
- Independently completes thorough evaluation of resumes, performs consistent and compliant interviews, documents candidate evaluations, provides recommendations to managers, and keeps accurate records for assigned searches via TA systems.
- Partners with HR Coordinator to schedule and orchestrate candidate interviews via phone, in-person, video interviews, etc.
- Advises hiring managers on interviews with internal candidates, facilitates transitions between managers, and closely communicates with all candidates throughout the recruitment process to include next steps, disposition, and selection as appropriate.
- Drafts, extends, negotiates, and closes on employment offers.
- Educates and trains hiring managers and leaders on recruiting best practices, interviewing techniques, conducting reference checks, candidate selection, compensation considerations, employee onboarding, etc.
- Develops and executes on Community Outreach and College Recruitment Programs by attending and coordinating job fairs and college events, and assists on strategic development of the program to identify events/college programs aligned with current and future talent needs.
- Establishes agency contracts on behalf ENGIE Impact in partnership with the Manager, Talent Acquisition and ENGIE Impact legal services.
- Works with approved external staffing agencies, college career centers, and other recruitment channels as needed.
- Manages and maintains records in Applicant Tracking System in compliance with EEO; researches, recommends and implements any and all EEO compliance measures.
- Ensures accuracy, compliance and confidentiality in their work as an HR team member.
- Handles all matters with the highest level of professionalism while working comfortably in fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Prepares and delivers recurring monthly department “report outs” for all assigned departments.
- Manages HR projects to develop and enhance recruitment programs, processes and policies.
- Successfully collaborates across departments in a matrix organization.
- Conducts Affirmative Action Planning, provides reports, and makes recommendations to HR Leadership and hiring leaders on required or recommended actions monthly, quarterly, and annually; focused report outs on hiring trends and practices as they impact our strategy.
- Manages TA systems, reports, and the data contained within.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Provides coaching guidance and support to more junior Talent Acquisition employees.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of sustainability transition. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- PHR/SPHR is a plus.
- Prior in-house corporate HR experience is required.
- Strong business acumen and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Applicant Tracking System(s), and HRIS system(s).
- Must have knowledge of and experience advising on and ensuring adherence to HR related laws and policies.
- Knowledge and experience with behavioral interviewing skills and other assessment techniques.
- 5-7 years’ full life cycle recruiting experience staffing highly complex roles; minimum 10 years recruiting experience.
- Experience placing candidates in a variety of positions including technical, senior-level, and hard to fill positions which required sourcing and outside-the-box recruitment strategy is required.
- Proven ability to work in diverse and matrixed organizations is required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage internal client relationships and expectations; excellent consulting and selling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and a proven ability to apply good listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to accomplish tasks with a high degree of flexibility and good judgment.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects involving cross-functional efforts and executive stakeholders.
Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.