At Development Workshop, Inc. (DWI), we are a mission driven, not-for-profit company serving individuals with disabilities that strives "To assist individuals who have a disability or who are disadvantaged to recognize and to achieve their chosen level of economic and social independence". You will contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We are committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming and respectful.
The work is performed under the general direction of the CEO. The principal duties of this position are performed in a general office environment.
DWI's HR Director must exhibit exceptional communication skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple diverse constituencies, including staff, board members, agency partners, clients, advocates, and community members.
Wage Range: $41,600 to $46000 per year
Examples of Work Duties
- Develop, administer and maintain a human resources program for 150 plus employees;
- Work with the CEO and Leadership team to determine short and long-term Human Resources Department goals and objectives and participates in strategic planning for company wide human resources needs;
- Oversee the human resources program including employee relations, recruitment, retention, training, development, compensation and classification;
- Advise leadership and supervisors on professional development, performance evaluations, and other human resources matters as needed;
- Ensures compliance with state, federal and funding sources laws, regulations, and DWI's policies;
- Review and approve job descriptions including minimum qualifications;
- Investigates employee complaints and harassment and discrimination claims;
- Maintain official personnel files including training records and recommending human resources system information systems solutions and development;
- Conduct exit interviews and prepare turnover reports;
- Approve and monitor Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) requests;
- Administers the employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life, flexible spending account plans, retirement, unemployment insurance, sick leave, vacation leave, military leave, court/jury duty leave, and holidays;
- Other duties as assigned
- Prefer a bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, communications or a related field.
- Will consider 2 years in human resources or other relatable admin, management experience.
- Must be able to pass a Health and Welfare background check.
Check us out at: www.dwinc.org and https://www.facebook.com/developmentworkshopID
Development Workshop Inc is an Equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age (over 40), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U. S.
For assistance or accommodations applying for a position with Development Workshop, please contact the Human Resources department at: 208-524-1550