We are growing and hiring. This position can be located in the Boise or Idaho Falls area. The primary responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist is to assist in providing timely and compliant administration of company’s bi-monthly payroll processing. The Payroll Specialist will assist in educating and training employees on system capabilities and improving system utilization.
- Subject matter expert for Paylocity, the HRIS system, including payroll and benefits for Bank of Idaho.
- Will work directly with the Bank’s payroll system provider and support the payroll and benefit functions to ensure the system is operating as efficiently as possible
- Answers questions and resolves employee issues with Paylocity access
- Assist with maintenance of client and employee benefit information in HRIS.
- As a Bank of Idaho Payroll expert, responsible for knowing the system and processing bimonthly payroll for all Bank Employees.
- Familiar with payroll laws and regulations in the states the bank has employees
- Work with Paylocity to conduct required state tax setups
- Processes all bonuses and commissions when appropriate
- Will run standard reports for finance and Human Resources
- Handle benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure timely, equitable and courteous resolution for clients and employees.
- Works with Broker to process all benefit enrollments, cancellations and yearly open enrollment.
- Work closely with internal team members and third-party vendors to resolve benefit issues.
- Conducts benefits audits, reviews employment benefit paperwork.
- Provide eligibility and enrollment reporting to clients.
- Distribute benefit plan enrollment information to eligible employees.
- Provide reporting and fund investment plan contributions.
- Assist with document collection for plan audits and plan filings.
- Maintain an awareness of compliance with company policies as well as with state and federal regulations such as ACA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, and ERISA.
- Assist with ACA reporting and compliance.
20. Processes all employee information changes such as new hires, terminations, changes of status, benefits, terminations and applicant tracking into the company’s HRIS system.
21. Provides HRIS system training as needed to increase company utilization.
22. Assist CHRO with tasks and projects as assigned.
Professional Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position
Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree or 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
Language Skills: Effective verbal and written communication skills
Reasoning Ability: Demonstrates the self-confidence and maturity to make decisions and solve problems with minimal direction. Organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to creatively apply experience, common sense, and a strategic business perspective to a variety of situations, processes, and people.
Interpersonal Skills: Team player, flexible and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities.
Computer Skills: Proficient in using Microsoft applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
Work Environment: The position is located in a corporate business office environment with moderate noise levels and requires sitting at a desk for extended periods and walking from point to point. Must occasionally work overtime.
Confidentiality: This position is exposed to highly confidential materials, situations and information. As such, it is mandatory to maintain strict confidentiality while at or away from work.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to do the essential job functions please provide more details on the accommodation you would like to request.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the employee a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.