Join our team of professionals in a progressive environment! We are currently seeking a Human Resource Associate to work at our State Hospital South (SHS) located in Blackfoot, Idaho. SHS is in beautiful Southwest Idaho, an area best known for Oregon Trail and Native American history, amazing fly fishing, towering mountain peaks with abundant wildlife and awe inspiring geological sites.
Partial telework (some telework and some on-site work) may be an option for this position.
We have the one of the Nation's best state retirement systems (PERSI) that offers a lifetime benefit.
- excellent medical, dental and vision insurance-employee only coverage for PPO $65/month for medical and vision & $11.00/month for dental
- generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- 11 paid holidays a year
- paid parental leave
- multiple savings plans, optional 401K, and optional 457
basic life insurance for employee and family
- employee covered at one times annual salary
- spouse covered at $10,000
- child covered at $5,000
- wellness programs
- ongoing training opportunities
- an opportunity for student loan forgiveness
- and more!
Our generous benefits package increases the total compensation of a full-time (benefits eligible) Human Resource Associate making $18.45/hour to an estimated $28.43/hour.
If you have previously applied for Human Resource Associate and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal history background investigation. Employment is dependent upon satisfactory results of the investigation.
Example of Duties
Human Resource Services:
- Counsels applicants and the public on career opportunities in state employment and explains application and hiring procedures
- Conducts employee orientation
- Advises others regarding recruitment and selection practices and requirements
- Reviews personnel actions and employment activities for compliance with federal, state and agency rules, policies and procedures
- Performs or supervises preparation and submittal of personnel, payroll and benefits documents
- Establishes and maintains employee record system
- Supports the HR Specialist SR in managing the FMLA process
- Responds orally and in writing to requests for information
- Researching, coordinating and participating in the delivery of human resource training
- Develops recruitment announcements
- Makes presentations on state employment at job fairs and before groups
- Coordinates and facilitates register and hiring process
You must possess all the minimum qualifications listed below to pass the exam for this position. Click on the Questions tab associated with this announcement for the details regarding minimum qualification requirements. The Supplemental Questions on the application are the exam questions. Please make sure your resume or work history supports your answers. Failure to do this may result in not passing the exam and disqualify you from being considered for this position.
Some knowledge of human resource management concepts
Good knowledge of administrative support functions including organization skills, composing business documents, compiling and summarizing data, and customer service
Experience interpreting and applying employment laws, rules, regulations and policies