Perform a variety of Human Resources functions with strong emphasis on managing health and welfare benefit programs, retirement plans and FMLA/LOA and assisting the VP of HR with various HR projects. This position reports to the VP of HR and supervises the Corporate HR Generalist position. This is an in-office position.
Idaho Pacific Holdings, Inc. is a family of potato dehydration companies spanning North America – from the nutrient rich farmlands of Idaho and the San Luis Valley of Colorado to the red sandy soils of Prince Edward Island, Canada. Our factories are situated in prime potato producing areas because that is where it all begins. We manufacture potato products for the world using the best raw potatoes in North America.
Our Company began in 1987 in the farming community of Ririe, Idaho, which today remains our Company headquarters. Over the past 35 years we have grown from our roots in Ririe, Idaho to being one of the largest potato dehydration companies in North America consisting of four manufacturing facilities. Our manufacturing facilities utilize state-of-the-art equipment and processes which allow the ability to produce a wide variety of dehydrated potato products. Our highly talented team is ready to provide the technical know-how to support our customers’ needs.
Potatoes, whether eaten fresh, frozen or dehydrated, are the #1 consumed vegetable in North America. We are proud to be an integral part of the potato industry supporting the farmers in our local communities, the foodservice operations serving school lunches, cafeterias, nursing homes and restaurants, and food manufacturers that utilize our ingredients to make a wide array of delicious products. The versatile potato with its nutritious attributes has many applications and we stand ready to supply dehydrated potatoes and to help you innovate the products for tomorrow.
- Supervises the Corporate HR Generalist – Payroll/Workers Compensation position.
- Ensure legal and plan compliance with all benefit and retirement plans to include discrimination testing, plan documents and plan administration.
- Participate in strategic and administrative decisions associated with annual health and welfare benefit renewal processes.
o Health and Welfare Plans
o Maintain relationship with benefit broker
o Meet w/ Broker on renewal strategy annually. Monitor timeliness and progress of annual renewal completion
o Prepare annual census and send to broker for marketing
o Analyze plan costs/evaluate plan proposals
o Review all benefit documents and ensure they are current
o Answer employee questions on benefit plans and address specific claims issues with carrier
o Manage Annual Enrollment Meeting process. Prepare presentation and documents to be distributed and ensure proper completion of necessary employee changes.
o Update enrollment forms/benefit summaries as needed
o 401K Plan
o Coordinate with Carrier administrative processes and customer service needs.
o Monitor Non-Discrimination Testing for 401K.
o Prepare 401K Match documents for funding purposes.
o Participate in the 401K Committee
- Assist with Annual review and update of Employee Handbook/Policies
- Assist Plant HR Representatives with general HR questions.
- Manage the Process FMLA for all locations. Serve as escalation point for general questions from Plant HR team
- Complete paperwork and tracking of leaves for Corporate and Plant Salaried employees
- Prepare paperwork for initial request. Monitor receipt of necessary paperwork
- Explain details of pay and leave guidelines with employee
- Monitor benefit payments and other administrative tasks associated with the leave
- Escalate items associated with failure to return, ADA and benefit payment status to VP of HR to ensure consistent practices
- Responsible for performing audits of bi-weekly Payroll Processing; serves as primary back-up for processing payroll during payroll processors absence
- Coordinates internal paperwork and communication needed for on-boarding. Performs E- verify for new hires in Corporate and Exempt level Plant employees
- Performs New Hire Orientations for Corporate and Exempt Level Plant employees when appropriate. Establishes and maintains relationships with new hires through initial employment period including thirty-day follow up meeting
- Oversees and coordinates DOT Random Drug Testing Program
- Assists VP of HR with various HR related projects
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA in Human Resources, Business, or related degree
- 8-10 years HR Leadership experience in H&W Benefit Plan Administration, Retirement Plan Administration, Payroll Administration, Leaves of Absence and other general HR practices and programs
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local employment laws
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated success working with all levels in an organization
- High level of proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook;
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Ability to demonstrate integrity and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills: detail-oriented with consistent follow up.
- Ability to travel to plant locations 1-2 times a year.
Interested applicants should apply by sending resume and salary expectations to: