The Human Resources Generalist is a Partner to the Plant Manager in our Ririe, ID manufacturing plant. This is a hands-on one-person department and a full-time generalist position that will partner with the Plant Manager in day to day leadership activities of the plant. Responsibilities include recruitment of hourly positions, hiring, orientation, payroll, and benefits administration. This position will be responsible for helping employees and maintaining a high level of confidentiality. This individual will be expected to answer questions related to HR policies and procedures and possess knowledge of federal and state regulations. This is an in-office position.
Idaho Pacific Holdings, Inc. is a family of potato dehydration companies spanning North America – from the nutrient rich farmlands of Idaho to the San Luis Valley of Colorado to the red sandy soils of Prince Edward Island, Canada. Our factories are situated in prime potato producing areas because that is where it all begins. We manufacture potato products for the world using the best raw potatoes in North America.
Our Company began in 1987 in the farming community of Ririe, Idaho, which today remains our Company headquarters. Over the past 35 years we have grown from our roots in Ririe, Idaho to being one of the largest potato dehydration companies in North America consisting of four manufacturing facilities. Our manufacturing facilities utilize state-of-the-art equipment and processes which allow the ability to produce a wide variety of dehydrated potato products. Our highly talented team is ready to provide the technical know-how to support our customers’ needs.
Potatoes, whether eaten fresh, frozen or dehydrated, are the #1 consumed vegetable in North America. We are proud to be an integral part of the potato industry supporting the farmers in our local communities, the foodservice operations serving school lunches, cafeterias, nursing homes and restaurants, and food manufacturers that utilize our ingredients to make a wide array of delicious products. The versatile potato with its nutritious attributes has many applications and we stand ready to assist you in your current dehydrated potato needs and to help you innovate the products for tomorrow.
- Recruitment: Understand business and staffing needs for immediate and long-range recruitment. Develop long range plans and deploy recruitment strategies. Screen and interview applicants, assist with new hire paperwork and orientation. Manage all recruiting and staffing initiatives, screen and counsel line managers in final selections and compensation.
- Maintain employee personnel files and other required record keeping.
- Benefits Administration including new hire enrollment and annual enrollment.
- Working with employees on administrative issues and performance issues; participating in terminations.
- Providing guidance and training to the management team on how to handle employee and HR related issues. Coach management team in the areas of performance counseling, employee retention, policy interpretation and implementation and conflict resolution.
- Bi-Weekly timekeeping and payroll administration & reporting.
- Oversee and drive annual performance review process.
- Streamline local human resources processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- 5 years training/experience working as a Generalist in HR. College degree a plus.
- Experience working in manufacturing or plant environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working well with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- High level of proficiency with Excel, Word, & Outlook; payroll processing software
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented with follow up
- Knowledge of all applicable laws required
- Bilingual in Spanish and English highly preferred
To Apply click on the link below.