Job title: Human Resource Associate
To perform specialized human resource and administrative support tasks to maintain professional human resource functions; perform related work.Example of Duties
This position will work closely with the HR learning and organizational development team to develop, support and facilitate training, Clifton Strengths program implementation, and events to create a strengths-based culture, engage, motivate and retain a highly qualified workforce, enhance employee job performance related to campus mission, and provide opportunities for professional development. This position will also assist with coordination and management of ISU's online Talent Management System (TMS) to support faculty and staff e-learning and maximize system efficiency.
- Delivery of training, facilitating exercises, and working with teams and individuals to support strengths-based development (using the Clifton Strengths assessment)
- Assist with collecting and compiling training records and training evaluation results, and development of associated reports
- Assist with coordination, communication and tracking to support completion of training initiatives required by ISU or the State of Idaho
- Work with campus subject matter experts to coordinate and assist with development of e-learning content
- Maintain content, courses and participants in the Talent Management System, and support TMS users and instructors with troubleshooting as necessary
- Represent Human Resources and ISU in welcoming our new employees through development, coordination and facilitation of New Employee Orientation
- Assist with coordination and facilitation of training for managers and leadership through topics which may include supervisory basics, communication, change management, strengths-based leadership, emotional intelligence, and performance management, etc.
- Develop, prepare and distribute communication, training and other materials including handouts, visual aids, worksheets, workshop and event announcements, web postings, videos, flyers, postcards, certificates and other materials
- Maintain ISU Training e-mail account correspondence and provide timely and accurate follow up for all inquiries
- Assist the HR team with the Be a Bengal employee recognition program by collecting nominations, drafting and delivering nomination details, and planning and supporting annual awards event
- Assist with the planning, coordination, communication and facilitation of Employee Appreciation Week to include planning activities, sending invitations and communication, requesting proposals for desired training topics, compiling and analyzing training requests, scheduling trainers, rooms and equipment and preparing training materials (handouts, visual aids etc.)
- Assist with development of employee engagement activities and strategy with the HR team
- Assist with coordination, planning, communication and support for a variety of events throughout the year related to campus engagement
- Other duties as assigned
Some knowledge of human resource management concepts.
Good knowledge of administrative support functions including organization skills, composing business documents, compiling and summarizing data, and customer service.
Experience interpreting and applying employment laws, rules, regulations and policies.
Minimum Qualification Specialty Requirements
- Experience making presentations before groups.
- Experience preparing written correspondence and reports.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel for complex data analysis.
- Strong facilitation skills, and ability to engage audiences of varied backgrounds to ensure learning and engagement with a variety of topics
- Ability to empathize with customer/colleague needs and provide service based on their needs
- Focus on delivering results and completing projects and tasks, often having to balance multiple programs and projects simultaneously
- Ability to assess training programs, delivery, and learning to impact continuous improvement
- Experience delivering engaging and energetic presentations and workshops with a variety of audiences
- Strong communication skills; verbally, phone etiquette, print media, public-speaking
- Awareness of strengths-based philosophy and development
- Working knowledge of HR learning and development functions, roles, responsibilities, and relationship to culture