Assist with daily operations of the Human Resources Department with an emphasis on recruiting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the recruitment and on-boarding process from beginning to end.
- Participate in recruiting events at schools, fairs and conferences.
- Network with local organizations and schools to source candidates for current or
- future opening.
- Conduct onboarding training for new hires; to include new hire orientation, ethics,
- safety and other training needs.
- Provide assistance to the Human Resource or other departments as needed.
Promote and actively embrace the concept of a collaborative environment, with an emphasis on customer service, respect and candor. Safety is a cultural value and it must be promoted and enforced at all times.
Associates degree or higher from a qualified institution; or two to four years related experience and/or training. PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Experience with recruiting required. Occasional travel will be required.
- Must have knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration; applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word. Familiar with HR or other accounting software, with ability to learn new software.
- Detail oriented, organized, and with good communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization with various personality types.
- Ability to understand and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Display a high degree of judgment, discretion and ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
For More Information Download the Complete Job Description
HR Specialist-Recruiter 01-28-19.pdf