The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a position available at our Don Plant facility in Pocatello, ID. In the Rocky Mountain foothills, Pocatello offers a university, parks, golf, and outdoor recreation.
Partners with leadership team to drive business and organization results. Partners with HR COEs and Enterprise Services to better understand and meet customer needs. Collaborates to deliver efficient and value-add HR services that support business objectives. Ensures organizational models are effective and the best fit for our markets. Builds strong leaders and deep talent pipelines and promotes a high-performing, safe and socially responsible culture.
- Align people strategy and plans with function strategies; provide organization design, talent and succession planning for the Business; Develops, plans, and directs local employment activities (recruiting, screening, interviewing, selecting, and orienting) for the hourly and salaried workforces in coordination with HR COE’s and Enterprise Services. Directs the implementation of the plan to ensure an adequately trained workforce. Implements and provides training. Implements safety and health plans to ensure regulatory compliance and a safe and healthy workplace. Manage the HR Department to achieve high performance and low cost.
- Provide strategic project/ change management as needed; be an innovative change agent, and key leader able to influence at all levels within the organization.
- Oversee performance management and coaching for the organization; provide business partnering/coaching to leadership teams and other business leaders.
- Interact with function leads to align functional strategy and influence businesses.
- Work hand-in-hand with businesses as an equal partner to aggregate strategies and goals.
- Union Locations: Adhere to the collective bargaining agreement and manage the grievance process with plant and union leaders; attend union meetings to include being an active Company participant during labor contract negotiations.
- Resolves disputes in partnership with location managers and supervisors. Oversees disciplinary process and investigations while partnering with the Complaint Department and Enterprise Services as appropriate. Balances regulatory requirements with business needs while maintaining a positive culture that attracts and retains high performing talent.
- Identify developmental needs of business leaders and promote participation in company- wide leadership programs and use of leadership development tools and resources provided by HR COE.
- Partner with HR COE’s in areas of talent, leadership & development and total rewards to ensure the effectiveness of programs, tools, and processes in meeting business needs.
- Adapt global practices for business specific policies and practices.
Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college or university
Master's degree (M.S. or MBA) is strongly preferred. Business, Human Resources or related degree is required.
Minimum of 8 years of HR management experience, with a focus on employee relations, labor relations and organizational coaching.
Position requires experience working with operational managers.
Previous experience in a business partnering role is crucial.
Must have the desire and demonstrated ability to learn all aspects of the business to provide exceptional decision support to the business leaders.
Minimal travel is required based on business needs.
Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
Select Job Search
Select Current Opportunities
Select All Open Positions
Apply to Job ID# 8397
Disclaimer - These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
HOW TO APPLY
Please prepare a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications and submit with your resume via our online application process described above. For best results, please upload your resume as a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF document. This process includes additional job-relevant questions, so plan on at least 20 minutes when you apply.
When a position is in the interview stage or has been filled, it will no longer appear on our Simplot Careers website. If you experience any technical difficulties when applying through our online system, please contact the JRS Talent and Culture department for assistance at email@example.com.
**The J.R. Simplot Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.**